TechCrunch has just announced the release of a new WordPress Theme Framework called PageLines that focuses on providing a drag and drop, professional CMS theme framework. I’ve been hoping for a theme framework that targets CMS driven WordPress websites work for quite some time now, and this one seem’s to be very promising.
Websites Using PageLines
Oops! We could not locate your form.
- Layout Builder & Drag and Drop Control
- Customizable CSS through a Base Child Theme
- Easy bbPress and BuddyPress Integrations
- Full-Width & Fixed-Width Modes
- Plug-and-Play Sections (Feature Slider, Dropdown Navigation, Carousel, etc.)
- Fully Supports WordPress 3.0 Menus, Taxonomies & Post Types
- Advanced Font Replacement with Google Fonts API & Cufon Integration
- Focused on bridging the gap between simplicity in the admin and customization in the back-end.
- Using the Base Child Theme you can easily customize where the drag and drop “sections” are enabled or disabled for admin’s.
- Incredibly excited to finally see a CMS focused theme framework!
- Uses post types and 3.0 menu’s to allow more control in the backend.
- Customization settings in meta boxes allow you to create unique looking pages quickly without the need for a custom template