TechCrunch has just announced the release of a new WordPress Theme Framework called PageLines that focuses on providing a drag and drop, professional CMS theme framework. I’ve been hoping for a theme framework that targets CMS driven WordPress websites work for quite some time now, and this one seem’s to be very promising.
Websites Using PageLines
- Criterion Licensing Company
- The Licensing Company
- Project M Stock Trading
- Dependable Plastics
- Super Boot Camps
- SunRenu Solar
Oops! We could not locate your form.
- Layout Builder & Drag and Drop Control
- Customizable CSS through a Base Child Theme
- Easy bbPress and BuddyPress Integrations
- Full-Width & Fixed-Width Modes
- Plug-and-Play Sections (Feature Slider, Dropdown Navigation, Carousel, etc.)
- Fully Supports WordPress 3.0 Menus, Taxonomies & Post Types
- Advanced Font Replacement with Google Fonts API & Cufon Integration
- Focused on bridging the gap between simplicity in the admin and customization in the back-end.
- Using the Base Child Theme you can easily customize where the drag and drop “sections” are enabled or disabled for admin’s.
- Incredibly excited to finally see a CMS focused theme framework!
- Uses post types and 3.0 menu’s to allow more control in the backend.
- Customization settings in meta boxes allow you to create unique looking pages quickly without the need for a custom template